Panasonic PT-EX510U XGA 3LCD Multimedia Projector
The PT-EX510U XGA 3LCD Multimedia Projector from Panasonic is a 5300 lumens bright installation class projector that features a native resolution of XGA (1024 x 768) and a 4:3 native aspect ratio. Featuring an interchangeable lens design, the projector includes the standard lens, a motorized zoom lens which features a 1.7 to 2.8:1 throw ratio. Additionally, it is compatible with a range of separately available lenses from Panasonic, including short throw, zoom, and long throw options.
Designed to be connected to a variety of video sources, for A/V setups of all kinds, the projector supports computers, DVD and Blu-ray players, video switchers, and even legacy analog equipment. It features a VGA input on a standard 15-pin connector, a 5-BNC multi-analog input that supports VGA (RGBHV), Component, Y/C (adaptable to S-Video), and composite, a DVI-D (digital only) input, a DisplayPort input, and an HDMI input. It supports HDCP so you can use the projector to watch copy-protected content such as commercial Blu-ray discs, and both the HDMI and DisplayPort inputs support embedded audio as well. For analog audio sources there are three stereo analog audio inputs, two on 3.5mm mini jacks and one on a two-RCA left and right channel stereo pair. Audio can be output through the 10W built-in monaural speaker or sent to a downstream audio device, such as a PA system, via a 3.5mm stereo mini jack audio output. An audio only mode allows audio output even when the picture is switched off. Finally, there is a VGA output that mirrors the VGA input so that a second device, such as a computer monitor, can receive the same signal.
The projector can be controlled locally via side-panel buttons or using the included IR remote. There is an IR extender port in case the installation makes direct line-of-sight communication impossible. Remote control with software or third-party systems is also possible thanks to an Ethernet port and two RS-232 serial ports. The RS-232 port can be used for computer control or integration with automation system such as Crestron. Meanwhile the Ethernet port with Panasonic PJLink protocol support allows IP-based operation from Panasonic software or a Web browser.
- 3LCD Imaging System
- A beamsplitting prism sends red, blue, and green light through three 0.76″ monochrome LCD displays to render a video image. 3LCD design features no moving parts in the imaging system, although there is still a cooling fan, and is free of the “rainbow effect” artifact sometimes perceived on color wheel-based systems.
- 5300 Lumens UHM Lamp
- A single 335 W, UHM-type lamp provides 5300 lumens brightness in normal mode, and is estimated to last 4000 hours. To determine the ideal brightness level for your application, you will need to take into account the screen width, distance from the projector to the screen (throw distance), amount of ambient light near the screen, and the reflectivity (gain) of the screen surface used.
- Interchangeable Lens Design
- This projector features an interchangeable lens design, with a range of lens options, including short-throw, various zoom lengths, and long throw. This means you can choose the lens that works best for your setup based on the screen width and the distance the projector will be installed from the screen. This model features a recommended screen size range of 40 to 400″, depending on the lens, amount of ambient light, and other factors.
- Lens Shift
- In addition to ±40% vertical and ±30% horizontal digital keystone correction, this projector features lens shift. Lens shift provides optical correction for image distortion such as keystone, avoiding the loss of resolution digital correction can cause. It also makes it easier to align two or several images when stacking or edge-blending multiple projectors. This projector features ±60% vertical and ±10% horizontal shift.
- Note: When the optional fixed-focus lens (Model ET-ELW21) is attached, shift adjustment is not available.
- Mount in Any Vertical Position
- The unit can be rotated 360 degrees vertically. This means you can install it at any angle you want – even pointed straight at the floor – to accommodate different installation requirements.
- Daylight View
- A built-in sensor measures the ambient light, and then adjusts the halftone color and brightness level according to the surrounding illumination. This helps increase image contrast for better visibility when using the projector in settings with high ambient light.
- Side-by-Side and P-in-P Functions
- Two methods for displaying two images at once. Side-by-Side centers two images of the same size next to each other. P-in-P privileges one image over the other by keeping the primary image full-screen and superimposing the secondary image in a sub-window over the first. In P-in-P, the sub-window can be positioned anywhere on the screen for more flexible and effective image presentations.
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- For displaying medical images such as X-rays – this imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, a medical imaging standard
- Color Adjustment Function
- Correct for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual units set up for multiple projection, particularly in side-by-side configuration. Correction is performed on three colors (R, G, B) or seven colors (R, G, B, C, M, Y, W).
- Ethernet and RS-232 Controllable
- Two RS-232 ports mean the projector can be controlled from a computer or serial control system. It can also be controlled from a computer using Panasonic proprietary software or a Web browser using the Ethernet connection. It supports Panasonic PJLink protocol, and multiple devices, including third-party equipment, can share the same network for centralized operation.
- Dust-Resistant Airflow System
- The cabinet is designed with a straight airflow path, from intake to exhaust. The shielding of the lens section, where dust is likely to enter, has been further improved to keep dust out. And the sealing performance of the air filter unit and air intake duct has been increased to prevent the entry of dust from the filter periphery, resulting in a highly dust-resistant structure.
- Eco Filter with up to 17,000 Hour Rating
- The Eco Filter unit, which efficiently captures dust in the intake airflow path, requires no replacement for up to 17,000 hours. This large, pleated Micro Cut Filter (electrostatic filter) uses an ion effect to trap minute dust particles, further raising the overall dust-trapping capability.
- Intelligent Lamp Control
- When the lamp power is set to Auto, the Intelligent Lamp Control system automatically adjusts the lamp output in accordance with the brightness of the projected image and reduces it by up to 27% – so you are only using brightness where you need it
- Replaceable Lamp and Filter
- A top-panel door provides direct access to the lamp and a removable side flap similarly provides access to the air filter to help simply maintenance even with the projector ceiling-mounted.
- 35 dB Noise Operation
- A fan ensures the lamp stays within a safe operation temperature range. When used in normal brightness the fan generates approximately 39 dB, which drops to 29 dB in Eco mode.
- Kensington Security Slot
- Allows you to secure the projector using a locking cable (available separately) as a theft-deterrence measure