SXGA+ 3DLP Projector, 20,000 Lumens
In addition to the high brightness and compact size; the PT-DZ21KU with WUXGA (1;920 x 1;200) resolution and 20;000 lumens of brightness boasts long lamp replacement cycles of up to 2;000 hours; 3D compatibility and installation flexibility; making this projector ideal for large-venue applications such as auditoriums; museums and rental and staging that require both maximum brightness and easy handling. The Lens Memory adjusts the image size and location in up to three different projection positions and the combination of four new 465W UHM lamps and the Dynamic Iris allow the PT-DZ21KU to deliver a 10;000:1 contrast ratio to ensure super high brightness and best possible picture quality.
The PT-DZ21KU is also 3D ready and for medical school and hospital applications; the projector is equipped with the DICOM Simulation Mode*; enabling end-users to view X-ray images. The PT-DZ21KU helps realize unique and captivating video performance with numerous built-in features. The Lens Memory adjusts the image size and location in up to three different projection positions. Users can program the mechanical shutter to fade the image in and out during show transitions; and it also has built in Edge Blending; as well as Multi-Unit Brightness Control for projection onto wide screens and surfaces to create an immersive experience. Furthermore; the PT-DZ21KU can project onto various curved-screens with the Geometric Adjustment feature; which can be enhanced with the optional upgrade kit; ET-UK20; to support even more diverse curvatures and shapes with bitmap masking.
This device has been designed with an extremely small footprint due to a highly efficient optical design as well as an improved liquid cooling system that makes it possible to keep the noise level to a minimum during operation. Due to its compact size; the PT-DZ21KU total cost of ownership is further enhanced by saving warehouse space and minimizing the cost of shipping from one location to another. The PT-DZ21KU is built to maximize savings with a maintenance-free Eco Filter with a lifespan of up to 12;000 hours; and low-power consumption of 2;300W.
Basic installation flexibility is provided by a comprehensive optional lens selection that supports a wide range of throw distances. 360-degree installation capability enables projection onto floors and ceilings. The projector also boasts high durability with an operating temperature between 32Â°~113Â° Fahrenheit. Flexibility and reliability are further enhanced by the projectorsâ€™ capability to handle more than 100 input signals. Several available input terminals include SDIx2; HDMI; DVI-D; LAN (RJ45) and 3D timing signal IN/OUT.
In addition; end-users can remotely monitor and operate the PT-DZ21KU by using Panasonicâ€™s own Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software and the web browser feature enables users to view and send email alerts from the projector.
- 20,000 lm Brightness
- Panasonic’s quad-lamp system, with its new high-power UHM lamps, has helped to make the body extremely compact while providing an astounding 20,000 lm of brightness.
- Dynamic Iris for a High 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Panasonic’s Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1 contrast without lowering its high brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images with more detailed textures.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3 Gives Natural Clarity to Even the Finest Details
- This Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image, based on the superhigh, high-, medium-, and low-frequency components of the extracted image information. The resuting images have more natural, lifelike expression.
- System Daylight View 2 for Enhanced Color Perception
- This Panasonic technology optimizes image quality to improve the color perception of the projected image in bright rooms. With a brightness of 20,000 lm, it provides highly comfortable viewing even in bright lighting, and allows viewers to concentrate easily on the images.
- Waveform Monitor Function
- When the output level of the source device fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image content cannot be reproduced correctly. With the PT-DZ21K Series projector, you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings either automatically or manually as you prefer.
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity.
- Active 3D Projection Capability
- The series is compatible with both passive and active 3D projection systems. It combines with either a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive with IR emitter and active shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses, for viewing 3D images.
- Advanced Technologies for Excellent Image Quality
- 3D color management system, Full 10-bit image processing, Progressive cinema scan (3:2 pulldown), Dynamic sharpness control, Digital noise reduction, IP conversion, AI scene control, 2:2 pulldown mode, sRGB compatibility, Fine-adjustable color temperature
- Low TCO and an Environmentally Friendly Design
The PT-DZ21KU projector lowers the total cost of ownership (TCO) because it has a lamp replacement cycle of up to 2,000 hours. Its environmentally friendly design also includes a low power consumption of 2,300 W. 1
- Four-Lamp System Enables Stable, Extended Operation
- The four-lamp system allows the projector to keep working even if a lamp should fail. The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection. Quad, Triple, Dual, and Single Lamp modes can be used.
- Easy Lamp Replacement
- For easier maintenance, you can replace the lamp from the rear. This makes it easy to replace a lamp while the projector is still in the mounting bracket or dual stacked.
- Liquid Cooling System Attains a High Level of Reliability
This liquid cooling system directly cools the DLP chip to improve performance and enable operation up to 113°F (45°C). It allows quiet (49 dB) and versatile use while stabilizing performance, and helps make the body compact. And the system is hermetically sealed, so you don’t need to replenish the liquid.
- Eco Filter that Needs No Maintenance for up to 12,000 Hours
The Eco Filter has an electrostatic Micro Cut Filter that collects minute dust particles with an ion effect. It combines with the dust-resistant cabinet to enable long-term use even under harsh conditions. Its maintenance cycle of up to 12,000 hours reduces hassle, and the environmental design lets you wash the filter with water and reuse it.
- Flexible Installation
The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function can be easily adjusted with the remote control. The unit can also be rotated 360° vertically, to accommodate various installation conditions. The lens-centered design contributes to easy installation.
- Multi-Unit Brightness Control
This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a multi-screen system. Up to 8 projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Version 2.7.
- Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
- Edge Blending: The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- Color Matching: This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. The PC software assures easy, accurate control.
- Multi-Screen Processor: This projector can project large, multi-screen images without any additional equipment. Up to 100 units (10 × 10) can be edge-blended at a time.
- Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
- This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens. You can make the adjustment easily using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed.
- Multiple Terminals
- This projector has an array of terminals, including DVI-D, HDMI, and 2 RGB inputs. It also features a 3D-ready HD/SD-SDI input and 3D sync terminals to connect an emitter for 3D projection.
- Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Version 2.7
- Panasonic’s original Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Ver. 2.7 freeware lets you control and monitor multiple projectors at the same time over a wired LAN. If a problem occurs, an alarm message is sent to the monitoring/controlling PC.
- Other Valuable Features
Mechanical lens shutter with fade in/out effect, P-in-P function, 98.4′ (30 m) long-range wireless remote control with LED backlight, ID assignment for up to 64 units, Control device setup function, Built-in test pattern, Selectable 10-language on-screen menu (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean), RoHS Directive compliant, Anti-theft features with chain opening
- Ecology-Conscious Design
- No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet
- Lead-free solder is used to mount components to the printed circuit boards
- Stand-by power consumption of only 0.3 W
- Auto Power Save activates standby mode when no signal is input
|Power supply||200–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Max current requirements: 12 A @200 V)|
|Power consumption||2,300 W (0.3 W with STANDBY MODE set to ECO,*1 9 W with STANDBY MODE set to NORMAL.)|
|Dissipation BTU||Max. 7,848 BTU/hour (without light output: 7,585 BTU/hour)|
|DLP™ chip||Panel size||24.4 mm (0.96 inches) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)||24.1 mm (0.95 inches) diagonal (4:3 aspect ratio)||21.6 mm (0.85 inches) diagonal (16:9 aspect ratio)|
|Display method||DLP™ chip x 3, DLP™ projection system|
|Pixels||2,304,000 (1,920 x 1,200) x 3, total of 6,912,000 pixels||1,470,000 (1,400 x 1,050) x 3, total of 4,410,000 pixels||1,049,088 (1,366 x 768) x 3, total of 3,147,264 pixels|
|Lens||Optional powered zoom and fixed-focus lenses|
|Lamp||465 W UHM lamp x 4, replacement cycle of up to 2,000 hours*2|
|Screen size (diagonal)||1.78-25.4 m (70-1,000 inches), 1.78–15.24 m (70–600 inches) with the ET-D75LE8, 16:10 aspect ratio||1.78-25.4 m (70-1,000 inches), 1.78–15.24 m (70–600 inches) with the ET-D75LE8, 4:3 aspect ratio||1.78-25.4 m (70-1,000 inches), 1.78–15.24 m (70–600 inches) with the ET-D75LE8, 16:9 aspect ratio|
|Brightness*3||20,000 lm (four-lamp)||17,000 lm (four-lamp)|
|Contrast*3||10,000:1 (full on/off, with dynamic iris set to “3” )|
|Resolution||1,920 x 1,200 pixels||1,400 x 1,050 pixels (Input signals that exceed this resolution will be converted to 1,400 x 1,050 pixels.)||1,366 x 768 pixels (Input signals that exceed this resolution will be converted to 1,366 x 768 pixels.)|
|Scanning frequency||SDI||SD-SDI||SMPTE ST 259 compliant, [YCBCR 4:2:2 10-bit] 480i, 576i||–|
|HD-SDI||SMPTE ST 292 compliant, [YCBCR 4:2:2 10-bit] 720/50p, 720/60p, 1035/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60i, 1080/25p, 1080/24p, 1080/24sF, 1080/30p||–|
|Dual-link HD-SDI||SMPTE ST 372 compliant, [RGB 4:4:4 12-bit /10-bit] 1080/50i, 1080/60i, 1080/25p, 1080/24p, 1080/24sF, 1080/30p, [X´Y´Z´ 4:4:4 12-bit] 2,048 x 1,080/24p, 2,048 x 1,080/24sF||–|
|3G-SDI||SMPTE ST 424 compliant, [YPBPR 4:2:2 10-bit] 1080/50p, 1080/60p, [RGB 4:4:4 12-bit /10-bit]1080/50i, 1080/60i, 1080/25p, 1080/24p, 1080/24sF, 1080/30p||–|
|HDMI/DVI-D||480p, 576p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/24p, 1080/24sF, 1080/25p, 1080/30p, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, VGA (640 x 480)–WUXGA*4 (1,920 x 1,200), compatible with non-interlaced signals only, dot clock: 25–162 MHz|
|RGB||fH: 15–100 kHz, fV: 24–120 Hz, dot clock: 20–162 MHz|
fH: 15.75 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [480i (525i)] fH: 15.63 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [576i (625i)] fH: 45.00 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [720 (750)/60p] fH: 33.75 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [1035/60i] fH: 28.13 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [1080 (1125)/50i] fH: 27.00 kHz, fV: 24 Hz [1080/24p] fH: 33.75 kHz, fV: 30 Hz [1080/30p] fH: 56.25 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [1080/50p]
fH: 31.50 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [480p (525p)] fH: 31.25 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [576p (625p)] fH: 37.50 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [720 (750)/50p] fH: 33.75 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [1080 (1125)/60i] fH: 28.13 kHz, fV: 25 Hz [1080/25p] fH: 27.00 kHz, fV: 48 Hz [1080/24sF] fH: 67.50 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [1080/60p]
|Video/Y/C||fH: 15.75 kHz, fV: 60 Hz [NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL60], fH: 15.63 kHz, fV: 50 Hz [PAL/PAL-N/SECAM]|
|Optical axis shift*5||Vertical||±55 % (±44 % with the ET-D75LE6) from center of screen (powered)||±50 % (±40 % with the ET-D75LE6) from center of screen (powered)||±70 % (±60 % with the ET-D75LE6) from center of screen (powered)|
|Horizontal||±20 % (±15 % with the ET-D75LE6) from center of screen (powered)||±30 % (±20 % with the ET-D75LE6) from center of screen (powered)|
|Keystone correction range||Vertical: ±40°*6, horizontal: ±15°||Vertical: ±40°*6|
|Keystone correction range with optional Upgrade Kit||Vertical: ±45°*6*8, horizontal: ±40°*7*8||–|
|Installation||Ceiling/floor, front /rear|
|Terminals||SDI 1 IN||BNC x 1 (3G/HD/SD-SDI)||–|
|SDI 2 IN||BNC x 1 (HD/SD-SDI)||–|
|3D SYNC IN/OUT||BNC x 1 (3D timing signal)||–|
|3D SYNC OUT||BNC x 1 (3D timing signal)||–|
|DVI-D IN||DVI-D 24-pin x 1 (DVI 1.0 compliant, compatible with HDCP, compatible with single link only)|
|HDMI IN||HDMI 19-pin x 1 (Deep Color, compatible with HDCP)|
|RGB 1 IN||BNC x 5 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR/YC x 1)|
|RGB 2 IN||D-Sub HD 15-pin (female) x 1 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR x 1)|
|VIDEO IN||BNC x 1 (composite video)|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for external control (RS-232C compliant)|
|SERIAL OUT||D-sub 9-pin (male) x 1 for link control (RS-232C compliant)|
|REMOTE 1 IN||M3 x 1 for wired remote control|
|REMOTE 1 OUT||M3 x 1 for link control (for wired remote control)|
|REMOTE 2 IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for external control (parallel)|
|LAN||RJ-45 x 1 (for network connection, 10Base-T/100Base-TX, compliant with PJLink™)|
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||620 x 291*9 x 800 mm (24-7/16″ x 11-15/32″*9 x 31-1/2″) (optional lens not included)|
|Weight*10||Approximately 43 kg (94.8 lbs) (optional lens not included)|
|Shipping dimensions (W x H x D)||PT-DZ21KU / DS20KU / DW17KU PT-DZ21KEJ / DS20KEJ / DW17KEJ||965 x 418 x 865 mm (38″ x 16-15/32″ x 34-1/16″)|
|PT-DZ21KE / DS20KE / DW17KE||946 x 402 x 846 mm (38″ x 15-13/16″ x 33-5/16″)|
|Shipping weight||PT-DZ21KU / DS20KU / DW17KU||53 kg (116.8 lbs)|
|PT-DZ21KEJ / DS20KEJ / DW17KEJ||54 kg (119.0 lbs)|
|PT-DZ21KE / DS20KE / DW17KE||51 kg (112.4 lbs)|
|Operation noise*3||49 dB (quad lamp operation)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature: 0–45°C (32–113°F)*11, operating humidity: 10– 80 % (no condensation)|
|Applicable software||Logo Transfer Software, Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software, Geometry Manager Pro (included in the ET-UK20)||Logo Transfer Software, Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software|
|Supplied accessories||Power cord with secure lock, wireless/wired remote control unit, batteries (R6/AA type x 2)|